- Norfolk County Council training
Training in Norfolk
St Thomas Training is the official provider of training in Safeguarding Adults and the Mental Capacity Act for Norfolk County Council and the Norfolk Safeguarding Adults Board.
Please note: this training is ONLY available to employees of Norfolk County Council, and to employees of private, voluntary and independent organisations in the county of Norfolk.
How to book (Safeguarding Adults training sessions)
- Employees of Norfolk County Council should complete this booking form and send it to St Thomas Training by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post.
- Employees of external organisations in the county of Norfolk should complete this booking form and send it to St Thomas Training email@example.com by email or post.
How to book (Mental Capacity Act training sessions)
- Employees of Norfolk County Council should just log into the Learning Hub
- Employees of external organisations in the county of Norfolk who wish to attend the Level 1 Mental Capacity Act Awareness training should email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask if it's possible to attend. Levels 2-5 are restricted to Norfolk County Council employees only.
There are 9 different Safeguarding topics, and 6 different Mental Capacity Act topics. Please think carefully about which topic is right for you and your staff.
Focus on "professional curiosity" in 2018-19
All of our Safeguarding and Mental Capacity Act training in 2018-19 will refer to the concept of "professional curiosity". If you are curious (!) to know what this is, here's a link from the Manchester Safeguarding Children & Adults Boards that might help.