We send out our free email newsletter roughly twice a year to anyone who has chosen to be on our email mailing list. If you would like to sign up to this list please use the form towards the bottom of this page. You can leave the list at any time.
Each newsletter contains a mixture of items from the media (eg interesting Court of Protection cases, or reports on mental health issues etc) as well as updates about what we are doing (eg new courses that we can deliver, or special offers).
Listed below you will find a back catalogue of all of our previous newsletters, in PDF form. Please note that all of the links were working properly at the time that each newsletter was originally sent, but of course we can't guarantee that all links will continue to work now.
- Spring 2023 (Liberty Protection Safeguards delay, MCA Legal Update sessions with Tim Spencer-Lane, first aid training, observe the Court, care worker jailed, law/policy database)
- First Aid Special (inhouse first aid training at your venue)
- Summer 2022 (Draft Mental Health Bill call for evidence, World Mental Health Day 2022, Legal Update sessions with Tim Spencer-Lane, searching for 1st aid trainers)
- Summer 2021 (reverting to face-to-face training, Legal Update sessions with Tim Spencer-Lane, COVID guidance, Liberty Protection Safeguards)
- Spring 2021 (virtual training, seeking trainers, Legal Update sessions with Tim Spencer-Lane)
- Summer 2020 (discussion of capacity to consent to or engage in sexual activity, Mark Neary's new book, observing the Court of Protection, video presentations, COVID health & social care guidelines, virtual training)
- Spring 2020 (just a reminder about the wide range of training topics that we can deliver for you)
- Autumn 2019 (Liberty Protection Safeguards, some recommended books and video clips, annual reports from CQC and Care Inspectorate Wales, suicide prevention W.A.I.T)
- Autumn 2018 ("Make Shopping Autism Friendly" campaign; training on Forensic Mental Health; mental health video clips from TimetoChange; a reminder about our free app; Skills for Care's "Embrace Diversity" campaign; suggestions for using "Alexa" to assist social work; an update on the Mental Capacity (Amendment) Bill; CQC's "State of Care annual report)
- Spring 2018 (Govt response to Law Commission's DoLS proposals; our new course entitled "Learning Lessons from Court of Protection Cases"; premium sessions with Tim Spencer-Lane, Awareness weeks on Dying Matters and Mental Health; GDPR e-learning course)
- Autumn 2017 (complete revamp of our own website, including new e-learning courses and our own database of Court of Protection cases, Safeguarding Adults Reviews and general health & social care issues; review of Mental Health Act; Modern Slavery report; our open courses; new Court ruling on deprivation of liberty for under 18s)
- Summer 2017 (database of Safeguarding Adults Reviews; new e-learning courses; update on Law Commission DoLS proposals; self-neglect resources)
- Autumn 2016 ("Friends Against Scams"; funding for LD/Autism; multi-agency Safeguarding Learning Events; resources relating to suicide)
- Summer 2016 (Mental Health Awareness Week activities; Dementia Awareness Week activities; training in LD & PD; update to Care Act Statutory Guidance; Home Office guidance on Modern Slavery)
- Spring 2016 (draft changes to DoLS; more e-learning topics; Court of Protection case of the woman who lost her "sparkle"; Samaritans Suicide Statistics Report)
- Spring 2015 (challenge to Cheshire West; councils misusing DoLS; zero goal for suicide)
- Autumn 2014 (fallout from Cheshire West; CQC's new approach to inspections; MCA/DoLS audits in your workplace; Social Care TV video clips; Lib Dem pledges on mental health; MCA resources from Glos CC)
- Summer 2014 (DoH response to House of Lords Report into MCA/DoLS; doctors criticised in DNR case; NICE guidance on medications; Orchid View Serious Case Review; assisted suicide ruling; forced marriage; femal genital mutilation; training in personality disorders)
- Spring 2014 (all about MCA and DoLS following Cheshire West Ruling and Lord Hardie report, which both came out in March 2014; also sexual activity and the MCA)
- Autumn 2013 (forced marriage; best interests training; free video clips; whistleblowing report)