- Norfolk: Safeguarding Knowhow for Provider Managers
Norfolk: Safeguarding Knowhow for Provider Managers
A two-day session to enable managers in the voluntary, private and independent sector to fulfil their safeguarding responsibilities effectively and work with their partners in the statutory sector to achieve, wherever possible, the outcomes service users wish to achieve for themselves.
Managers and senior staff in independent, private and voluntary organisations. Delegates must have previously completed as a minimum safeguarding adults awareness training and Mental Capacity Act training to level one as a minimum.
Learning outcomes: by the end of this session participants should:
- Understand their role as a manager/ senior staff member responsible for safeguarding adults
- Have updated their knowledge of safeguarding legislation, guidance and local procedures in particular the nature of domestic abuse and the new offence of coercive control
- Have refreshed their knowledge and understanding of the principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards
- Know how to share and gather information in order to contribute to a safeguarding enquiry
- Have developed skills to communicate with a service user to enable them to express the outcomes they wish to achieve to keep themselves safe
- Know how to make a safeguarding referral and how to contribute to the safeguarding process
- Know how to contribute to and comply with a safeguarding plan
- Understand the rules that govern information sharing, consent and confidentiality
- Know how to deal with allegations against staff and when to refer to the MASH
- Be able to apply and implement the safer recruitment agenda in your organisation; understand when DBS checks are required and how to ask questions about motivation to work with vulnerable adults
- Know how to manage complaints from family members and how to ensure that the complaints process does not detract from any safeguarding concerns
£100.00 including VAT per person for employees of private, voluntary and independent sector care providers.
If you book 3 places at the same time (either on the same session, or on different sessions) then the third place is FREE!