- Norfolk: Unlocking Self Neglect
Norfolk: Unlocking Self Neglect (A higher level course ~ Beyond the Basics to Effective Interventions)
A very practical half-day session to provide a safe space for practitioners and managers who already know the signs and symptoms of neglect, and who are aware of the ethical and moral dilemmas involved, to work through a range of case studies and consider the options available to promote the person’s well-being, to reduce the risks of harm and to know when a safeguarding response is required.
This is event is for all social workers, assistant practitioners and managers who already have a basic understanding of self neglect, the Care Act definition causes and the ethical dilemmas involved. It is also available to employees of health and social care organisations elsewhere in the county of Norfolk.
Learning outcomes: by the end of this session participants should:
- Have acknowledged the challenges for professionals intervening in self neglect and be able to identify and implement evidence based interventions to promote the well-being of the person and safeguard them from harm when required
- Be able to apply local guidance and legislation to promote the well-being of people who self neglect
- Ensure that people who self neglect receive person centred intervention to improve their health and well-being.
- Ensure that people who lack the capacity to safeguard themselves from the harm of self neglect /hoarding receive safeguarding intervention which identifies and reduces the risk of harm.
Free to Norfolk County Council employees. £25.00 per person for employees of other organisations within the county of Norfolk.
If you book 3 places at the same time (either on the same session, or on different sessions) then the third place is FREE!